Need Assistance? Phone 132 500
CANNING SOUTH PERTH
STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE VOLUNTEERS
For State Emergency Service assistance during a storm, cyclone, earthquake, flood or tsunami, call 132 500
For Police, Fire & Ambulance emergency Assistance, call 000
When to call the SES
The State Emergency Service (SES) is a volunteer division of the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES), Western Australia’s leading Hazard Management Agency (HMA) for natural disasters.
SES volunteers play a vital role in responding to natural disasters and emergencies on behalf of the community.
Before you call the SES volunteers think about the following
The nature of your enquiry and whether the SES is appropriate for your needs
Call triple zero (000) for fire and life threatening emergencies call
Call 132 500 for urgent property repairs that you cannot fix yourself.
When you call SES Volunteers
Due to the high level of demand during a natural disaster people need to remain patient and be prepared to wait.
- Speak slowly and clearly
- Tell us exactly where to come
- All requests are prioritised by urgency
- Major structural damage will be attended to first
- Avoid clogging up emergency hotlines with unrelated requests
What will SES Volunteers help me with?
- Assisting with significant structural damage like collapsed roofs or ceilings
- Making temporary emergency repairs to homes and buildings
- Removing fallen trees that have damaged homes and cars
- Sandbagging areas in danger of flooding
- Pumping out flood water
- Rescuing trapped or injured people, and helping people relocate if they are in danger
What won’t the SES Volunteers help me with?
- Clearing debris and organising permanent repairs
- Attending to broken fences, trees that have fallen on fences or if there is debris around your property or in your pool
- Basic repairs that you can manage yourself
Find out more about us
Click on the image above to download the current storm safe brochure